Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Start of a New Adventure!

Welcome to the Celtic Heart Beat!

This is all about Celtic music and culture from the Celtic Heart of North America - Cape Breton Island. As time goes on, I will be doing reviews of events and recordings, alerting you to upcoming Celtic cultural events around Cape Breton and abroad, pointing out things that I consider worth noting online, and generally trying to add to the available knowledge of what’s happening in the Celtic world.

To fill you in a bit more about myself, I was born and raised in Creignish, on Cape Breton’s western shore, into a family where Gaelic was usually the language of choice of my parents. I come from a long line of fiddlers and have more musical relatives then I can shake a stick at. Having said that, I will freely (and shamefully) admit that I can neither play an instrument or converse in Gaelic. Even with those limitations, I have been involved with the music scene since I was a teenager, as a promoter, agent, stage manager and writer and I also spent a number of years in broadcasting where I hosted Celtic music shows on three different radio stations.

Please feel free to offer any insights, comments or suggestions that you may have.

Yours in music,
Dan MacDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment